Monday, June 20, 2011

Amos and Andy and The Book of Mormon

So, I try not to get involved in dividing things.  I don't like conflict on the Internet, I feel like people can mean different things with the same words without the tone. However, I really like this post from the Washington Post.  It really diplomatically covers the dividing thing--do you support the musical The Book of Mormon or do you not support the musical?  He pretty much says that it doesn't really matter.  What matters is that if it was about The Koran (Quran) or the Torah these people would be putting up a fight.  However, because Mormons don't scream bigotry we don't get any sort of attention.  But I appreciate this man who did say something.

My favorite quote:
"I am no Mormon, but I have witnessed bigotry and ignorance directed against this American community. The LDS Church is placed in the difficult position of seeing their most sacred beliefs mocked in a nation that murdered their prophet in a shameful lynching. Broadway has given aid and comfort to the mob of ignorant folk who know nothing of modern Mormonism outside of their prejudices."

Best ending ever: "I stand in solidarity with my Mormon neighbors."

Read article at: http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/on-faith/post/amos-and-andy-and-the-book-of-mormon/2011/06/15/AGRlHPWH_blog.html?fb_ref=NetworkNews

0 comments:

Post a Comment

| Top ↑ |